[GHHF] Progress Report, Maha Padayatra Culmination, Public Forum, Venue, Speakers
Wishing you all Happy Holidays and Peace on Earth - Ahimsaa paramo dharmaha - Nonviolence is the supreme Dharma
As many of you know that Global Hindu Heritage Foundation started in 2006 to preserve, protect and promote Hinduism. Listed below are some of the accomplishments of our organization. Your support is appreciated.
Progress Report & Accomplishments
1) Started Global Hindu Heritage Foundation in November 2006. Received IRS Tax Exempt Status
Objective: Repeal Endowment Act to preserve, protect and promote Hindu religion
2) Went to High court and got stay Order for GO 21 which was intended to use government money for the construction of New Churches and renovation of the existing churches.
3) Started Hindu Devalaya Parirakshana Samithi in December 2006 with Sri M Kamal Kumar as the head of the organization.
4) Challenged and got stay orders for 15 Cases from selling Temple lands
5) Organized Demonstration during Chief Ministers visit to Chicago in May 2007, met with him, submitted 21 concerns. It was covered in eleven newspapers and almost all TV stations
6) Organized Public Forum in Satya Sai Nigamagamam in Hyderabad in June 2007 where more than 15 speakers addressed nearly 1200 people about the need to scrap Endowment Act.
7) Half an interview was done on Gemini TV on the plight of Hindu Temples.
8) Government passed Anti Conversion Law which prohibits the propagation of other religions near and around major Temples in June 2007.
9) Government declared all 7 hills to be the property of Venkateswara Temple recognizing the boundaries that existed in 1857 during British Period
10) Started Pada Yatra to awaken the Hindu the impending dangers to Hindu temple and Hindu culture for four month covering Rayalaseema and Telangana areas in September 2007-2008 .
11) Held public Forum in Tirupathi in January 25, 2008; 11,000 people from almost all the districts of Andhra Pradesh attended.
12) Met with Jayendra Saraswati, Vijayendra Saraswati, Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji, Datta Vijayananda Swamiji, Swami Sukhabodhananda, Swami Chidatmananda, Vishwamji, Dayananda Saraswati and others such Sri Rama Jois, Sri P Ramadas (Secretary, Parliamentary Affairs, Karnataka) requesting them to take active part in protecting the Hindu Temples.
13) Dhupa Deepa Naivedyam project was initiated by the government for selected Temples.
14) An Amendment to Endowment Act was passed. We vehemently opposed the composition of the formation Apex Committee that would have managed and supervised the Temples
15) Dr. Subramanian Swamy and eight GHHF representatives met with Chief Minister and Opposition leader in February 2008 requesting them to repeal Endowment Act and requested them to hand over the formation of Apex Committee to Acharya Sabha and HDPS.
16) Organized a number of protests in different villages where the Temple lands were to be sold.
17) Started Maha Pada Yatra 2 started on August 16 2008 and it will conclude in February 16, 2009. You are all welcome. A huge Public Rally is planned in Tirupathi – expecting 35,000 people or more
18) Attended a number of conferences and presented papers on the plight of Hindu Temples in Chicago, Detroit, Orlando, Dallas, Raleigh, New Jersey, Washington DC, Stroutsburgh, Wilmington, etc; spoke at a number Temples about saving Temples, visited a number of other cities to speak about our mission to make people aware of the impending danger to preservation of Hindu Temples and eventually Hindu Culture.
19) Steps are being undertaken to challenge the existing Hindu Religious and Charitable Hindu Endowment Act in High Court and Supreme Court with the support of Dr. Subramanian Swamy.
20) Organized Fund Raiser in New Jersey by showing Kumarasambhavam Dance Program and Musical concert which was attended by more than 500 people who were made aware of the plight of Hindu Temples.
Your generous donations to complete the Maha Pada Yatra to awaken the Hindus about the plight of Hindu Temples and the impending danger of illegal conversion techniques are essential. We are requesting all the individuals and organizations to support financially to continue our movement to free Hindu Temples from the government control and stop these conversions.
NOTE: We are exempt from federal income tax under section 501 ( c ) 3 of the Internal Revenue code.
Our tax ID # 41-2258630
Please send your tax deductible donations to:
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation, 14726 Harmony Lane, Frisco, TX 75035
You can go to savetemples.org and pay by PAYPAL
For more information:
V. V. Prakasa Rao, PhD, 601-918-7111 (cell), 601-856-4783 (home) / Prasad Yalamanchi, 630-832-2665; 630-359-5041 / D. Satya 732-939-2060 / Vinay 248-842-6964 /Srinivas Murthy 212-538-8716 / Dr. K. R. Venkatramaiah (Canada) 416-925-8167. Nemana Satya 732-762-7104, Sekhar Reddy 954-895-1947.