[GHHF] Submit your questions to AP Endowment Minister about Hindu Temple management; Symposium on August 11 in Dallas, TX; Urge all Hindu Organizations to attend Q&A session.
“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” Abraham Lincoln
GHHF is very happy to announce Honorable C. Ramachandraiah, the Minister for Endowment Department of Andhra Pradesh has agreed to come to Dallas, Texas to participate in the Symposium on the Plight of Hindu Temples. As many of us know that it is very difficult to meet the Ministers in India in general and in fact even more difficult to talk openly for than few minutes.
Dr. Ghazal Srinivas, the Honorary Ambassador of GHHS and a Spokesperson to SVETEMPLES movement met with the Endowment Minister, talked about the efforts of NRIs to preserve the Hinduism and protect the Hindu Temples. Both of them agreed to the need for a dialogue between GHHF members and other Hindu Organizations working toward protecting the Hindu Temples, and the Minister for Endowment Department who is in charge of the management of Hindu Temples.
Following are the details of the Symposium on HINDU TEMPLES:
Date: August 11, 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00 am thru 4:00 pm
Venue: DFW Hindu Temple, Irving TX
Topic: Symposium on Hindu Temples
This is a rare opportunity all concerned Hindus to attend and participate in this unique symposium.
The Tentative Agenda for the Symposium will be as follows:
1) Lighting the Lamp
2) Welcome the Chief Guest, Sri C Ramachandraiah & Sri Ghazal Srinivas
3) Panel Discussion: 12-15 representatives will present the extent of problems facing Hindu Temples and Concrete recommendations
4) Chief Guest, Hon. C Ramachandraiah’s Response
5) 10-12 Hindu Temples/Foundations/Organizations presentations
6) Question and Answer Session – Hon. C Ramachandraiah will respond to the questions
7) Felicitation the Chief Guest
Many Hindus have expressed their outrage over the take over of Hindu Temples, over the mismanagement of the Temples, misuse of Temple funds, selling of Temples, lands, neglect of Temple renovations, underpayment of Priest salaries, rampant corruption at the Temples, political interference in religious matters, neglecting the role of Hindu religious leaders in the Temples, mismanagement of TTD tickets and VVIP darshan, disregard for the needs and facilities for pilgrims and so on.
I. We Request YOU to submit your Concerns to the Minister
Hindus and Hindu Organizations have the opportunity to express their concerns. We have complained numerous times about the abuse of Hindu Temples and preferential treatment for other religions. NOW is the time for all us to get involved and make sure the Minister for Endowment Department hears our concerns.
1) Write about your concerns about the Endowment; abuse of Temples etc.
2) Write about the Temples in your village and how the Department is managing the funds and promoting the Hindu activities
3) You may write about you experience in visiting the Hindu Temples – how you were treated, how much corruption you may have either witnessed or experienced
4) Write about the appointment of Politicians to the Board of various Temples – Is there any body who is qualified to be appointed
5) Write about any and all matters that affect the Hindu Temple
Please submit them in writing by July 28, 2012.
Email address: email@example.com
II. Submit SPECIFIC Questions addressing the Minister.
The Endowment Minister Sri C. Ramachandraiah requested all of us to submit any specific questions we may have so that he can get prepared to answer. He said he is very much interested in receiving the questions so that he do enough research and answer.
1) You may ask a question as to why the Certain Temple lands are sold, why Temple jewelry was not cataloged, why no annual Financial report were released for all the Temples, and similar questions about the mismanagement, misuse of funds, etc.
2) You may ask about your experience of visiting Temple and the problems you may have faced, and the corruption you may have witnessed.
3) You may also ask questions about specific Temples ( may be in your village/city) about the mismanagement, neglect of Temple renovations, official corruption, inaction, etc.
Deadline: Please submit your QUESTIONS by July 28 if you would like to ask a question. We will send them to the Ministers so that he can be prepared to answer during Q&A session.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVAIL the OPPORTUNITY
Avail this opportunity to address the concerns/issues and also ask specific questions. Noninvolvement is no excuse. We all including GHHF have complained, criticized, condemned, protested and blasted the government for their inefficiency, indifference, corruption, negligence, non-responsiveness, and incompetence. Now is the TIME to SPEAK UP and be HEARD.
Let us shed the syndrome of indifference, silence, apathy, negligence, pessimism, and lethargy. Be active, be assertive, be bold, be positive, be optimistic, be hopeful and get involved. We cannot blame the Government and the Ministers if we shirk our responsibility, shun our involvement, and spurn the opportunity. We can lash out at the government for failing to manage the Hindu Temples, point fingers at different officers, criticize the actions taken by the government and so on. Dereliction of our dharma (duty) is not the answer.
We have to prove that we can take full responsibility to preserve, promote and protect our religion. How do we show our concern about the plight of Hinduism in the hands of the government?
1) By attending the Symposium in large numbers on August 11
2) By being vocal expressing your CONCERNs about the plight of Hindu Temples.
3) By asking specific questions you may have.
WE CANNOT BLAME or CRITICIZE GOVERNMENT, IF WE FAIL TO ATTEND OR SUBMIT OUR CONCERS /QUESTIONS.
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation [GHHF]
Our mission is to preserve, practice, propagate and protect our heritage and abolish Endowment Act and free Temples from the government control. If we have to make an impact on our movement to bring changes to preserve our culture, we need you financial support. Your generous donations to continue our efforts to free Hindu Temples from government control, awaken the Hindus about the plight of Hindu Temples and the impending danger of illegal conversion techniques are essential. We are requesting all the individuals and organizations to support financially to continue our movement to free Hindu Temples from the government control and stop these conversions.
Please DONATE. Your donations are appreciated to continue the work.
NOTE: GHHF is exempt from federal income tax under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue code.
Our tax ID # 41-2258630 Please send your tax-deductible donations to:
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation, 14726 Harmony Lane, Frisco, Texas 75035
You can go to www.savetemples.org and pay by PAYPAL
For more information Please visit our website: http://savetemples.org
GHHF Core Committee.
Dr. V. V. Prakasa Rao, PhD, (601-918-7111 cell), (601-856-4783 home); Prasad Yalamanchi (630-832-2665; 630-359-5041); D. Satya (732-939-2060); Dr. K. R. Venkatramaiah (Canada) (416-925-8167); Satya Nemana (732-762-7104); Sekhar Reddy (954-895-1947); Tulasichand Tummala (408-786-8357); Raju Polavaram, MD (919-959-6141); Rama Kasibhatla (678-570-1151); Srinivas Murthy (212-538-8716); Shankar Adusumill (919-961-9584); Rajesh Veerapaneni(773-704-0405); Sunil T Patel (214-293-4740); Raghavendra Prasad; MD (214-325-1969); Gopal Ponangi (214-868-7538); Ram Yalamanchili (214-663-6363); Ravi Pattisam (617-304-3577); Krishna Athota (214-912-3724); Rajendra Narayanadas (214-901-3399); Sesharao Boddu (972-489-6949); P. Srinivas (832-444-6460); P. Viswanadham (972-355-7107); I V Rao (214-284-6227); Sridhar Kodela (214-907-8552); Vijay Kollapaneni (818-325-9576); Ghanashyam Kakadia (469-583-1682); R K Panditi (972-516-8325); Mahesh Rao Choppa (732-429-5217); Viswas Mudigonda (972-814-5961); Satish Reddy (972-724-3232); Srikanth Akula (952-334-9990); Kalyan Jarajapu (972-896-8352) and Dr Ghazal Srinivas, Honorary Brand Ambassador.