[GHHF] Proselytization on the Hills of Balaji Temple; Letter to the Endowments Minister of AP and EO of TTD
TO: Honorable Sri C Ramachandraiah, The Minister for Endowments, AP
Sri L Subaramniam IAS, Executive Officer of TTD, AP
Dear Honorable Sri C Ramachandraiah Garu & Sri L. V. Subrahmanyam Garu:
The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites." Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States.
It was shocking and disheartening to read that three employees of TTD were taken into custody for engaging in ‘missionary activities’ and religious propagation in their quarters at Tirumala. Following a tip-off TTD’s Vigilance and Security personnel raided on three houses in the TTD staff quarters at Tirumala late on Monday night where they found bundles of religious publications, wall-posters and such other propaganda material belonging to Christian missionaries and seemed to have recovered for evidence.
Knowing fully well that a blanket ban is imposed on the hill by the government on any kind of religious propagation other than Hinduism, these three culprits had the guts and courage to engage in proselytization. Why did they do it? What is their mind-set? What does Christianity teach them to do? Do we think that they will do other than what their faith teaches and asks them to do?
Before we make few recommendations we need to understand the mission of the Christians across India and beyond, irrespective of their denominations.
1) Pope Paul II came to India on November 8, 1999 and told his faithfuls (sheep), ignoring the sentiments of the vast majority of Hindus, as follows: “The first millennium saw the Cross planted in the soil of Europe and the second in America and Africa. May the third millennium witness a great harvest of faith on this vast and vital continent”.
It is abundantly clear that the Christians are targeting India and doing the utmost damage to undermine the Hindu Temples and Hindu fabric.
2) The Bible clearly calls us the Hindus as sinners and pagans; and should be condemned to hell. John 3:18 says “Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.” According to Mark 16:16 “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” Mathews commanded the faithfully thus: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matt 28:19-20.
3) What method do they use to propagate and convert? Father Joseph Menengis, priest of St James Church in Mariyannapalya, Bangalore, confessed before the Justice B K Somashekara Commission of Inquiry on Wednesday (March 11, 2009) “The duty of every Christian is to convert non-Christians to Christianity by any means.” When he says “by any means” what does it mean? They can use any means such as deception, deceit, force, manipulation, allurement, tricks, treachery, exploitation, violence, killings, educational indoctrination, defamation od other religions, demeaning our gods, denouncing our scriptures, sexual exploitation and so on to convert Hindus.
What Course of Action we should follow with this experience on the SEVEN HILLS? GHHF recommends the following actions to be taken by TTD and the Endowments Department.
1) All three employees should be asked to take leave of absence until the investigation is complete. Salaries and any retirement money should be stopped if the are found to be guilty as charged by Vigilance and Security Office.
2) They should not be transferred to any other office in Tirupati since they are likely conduct missionary activities.
3) If they are found guilty of proselytization on Tirumala, TTD and Endowment Department should recommend the maximum sentence allowed by GOs 746 and 747 – 3.5 years of jail sentence and Rupees 5000 fine.
4) TTD should immediately investigate and find out how many Christians and Muslims are employed; report the information for the public and take appropriate measures to fire them on the spot.
5) Investigation into this incident should include the following:
a) How long they have been employed?
b) How long they have been Christians?
c) When did they change their religion to Christianity?
d) How long they have been doing missionary work on the TTD premises?
e) What Church do they belong?
f) Who directed them to engage in this missionary work?
g) Where did they get the Christian literature to distribute on the Hill? Name of the individual who gave them the literature?
h) How many people they have converted through the literature distributed on the TTD premises?
i) Did they visit the people at their houses or offices they may have met on the Seven Hills?
j) If any Church or Church officials directed them, they should be interviewed and take appropriate action to see if they can be punishable by GOs 746 and 747.
k) TTD should recover the salaries of these employees equivalent to the number of years they have been Christians?
6) TTD should announce that the new applicants for the jobs should be Hindus only. No other religious person should be hired for the positions.
7) Every employee should be certified with proper investigation as a Hindu before he/she is employed.
8) The application for the new jobs must be shared with an independent organization – may be called Dharma Sevadal - composed of the members of the organizations, who are fighting to keep TTD and other Hindu Temples as sacred. Organizations such as Global Hindu Heritage Foundation, Hindu Devalaya Parirakshana Samiti, TTD Parirakshana Samiti, Save TTD and others should be represented. Their goal is to make sure that the new employees are privately investigated and report their findings to TTD and Endowment Department before any new applicant is employed.
9) Also Endowment Department and TTD should ask the government find out the sources of money the Christian Organizations are receiving and how they are spending? What kind of incentives they are giving to these innocent Hindus to get converted?
10) You should also appoint a separate anti-conversion group whose aim is to bring back the converted into the Hindu fold. TTD and Endowments Department should make every effort to send these groups to as many villages as possible.
None of our Temples can operate without having enough Hindus attending them. We cannot be Islands thinking that the rampant conversion would not affect us. We cannot deplete the ranks of Hindus from attending the Hindu Temples. Every effort should be made across the state to thwart the illegal conversions, investigate the deceptive practices of these missionaries, and prosecute them as per law. If we are not aggressive and take few pre-emptive measures, these termites (missionaries) that work clandestinely will crumble the Hindu society and Hindu Temples.
GHHF requests TTD and Endowment Department take immediate and appropriate steps to investigate and take adequate measures to bring the culprits to justice. We cannot afford to delay the investigation. Political correctness may do more damage to Hindu Temples.
DEVAALAYO RAKSHATI RAKSHITAHA – If we protect our Temples, they will protect us. We should take appropriate steps to preserve our Temples, protect our Hindu culture, preserve our Hindu heritage and propagate our religion beyond the Temples. The whole Hindu society’s welfare must be the aim. Hinduism is being stabbed from all sides. We cannot close our eyes and draw narrow boundaries. We need to develop global outlook to preserve our culture by learning the history of Islamic terrorism and Christian onslaught. We should not allow our religion to be a sacrificial lamb due to our inaction, indifference, silence, indecision, and the idea of political correctness.
Please remember that the Christians have an open mission to convert the whole of India. In fact they are doing openly under our noses. They are very aggressively pursuing the mission. If we are not careful, these termites will crumble the Hindu edifice in front our own eyes. History of the last two millennium of Christian dominance in Europe, Africa and America; and the Pope Paul’s command to put a Cross on Indian soil should not be taken lightly. It is a serious matter and due attention must be paid without wasting even one minutes of time. Let us remember the words of Thomas Jefferson who said that the Christian God and their followers are cruel, revengeful and capricious. Can we sleep in peace knowing their nature?
Hope to receive your acknowledgement of this letter. Thank you for your time.
Prakasarao V Velagapudi PhD
GHHF Core Committee
Dr. V. V. Prakasa Rao, PhD, (601-918-7111 cell), (601-856-4783 home); Prasad Yalamanchi (630-832-2665; 630-359-5041); D. Satya (732-939-2060); Dr. K. R. Venkatramaiah (Canada) (416-925-8167); Satya Nemana (732-762-7104); Sekhar Reddy (954-895-1947); Tulasichand Tummala (408-786-8357); Raju Polavaram, MD (919-959-6141); Rama Kasibhatla (678-570-1151); Srinivas Murthy (212-538-8716); Shankar Adusumill (919-961-9584); Rajesh Veerapaneni(773-704-0405); Sunil T Patel (214-293-4740); Raghavendra Prasad; MD (214-325-1969); Gopal Ponangi (214-868-7538); Ram Yalamanchili (214-663-6363); Ravi Pattisam (617-304-3577); Krishna Athota (214-912-3724); Rajendra Narayanadas (214-901-3399); Sesharao Boddu (972-489-6949); P. Srinivas (832-444-6460); P. Viswanadham (972-355-7107); I V Rao (214-284-6227); Sridhar Kodela (214-907-8552); Vijay Kollapaneni (818-325-9576); Ghanashyam Kakadia (469-583-1682); R K Panditi (972-516-8325); Mahesh Rao Choppa (732-429-5217); Viswas Mudigonda (972-814-5961); Satish Reddy (972-724-3232); Srikanth Akula (952-334-9990); Kalyan Jarajapu (972-896-8352) and Dr Ghazal Srinivas, Honorary Brand Ambassador.